07 Apr Careers: Manager – School Transformation Programme
Job Description: Manager – School Transformation Programme
Job nature: Permanent Full-Time
Bhumi’s School Transformation Programme aims to improve the quality of education at low-income schools. By leveraging technology, children will have access to individualised content and will learn in a fearless, peer-supported environment; while the capacity of the school’s teachers and management are also built through workshops. The aim is to provide quality STEM and language education and increase the number of girl children taking to professional courses and jobs.
The person will manage Bhumi’s Schools Transformation programme. The person will be the nodal point to manage all stakeholders at the school, teachers/facilitator, partners, donors and Bhumi Management.
Roles & Responsibilities of Program Manager
- Consolidate and present the inferences of the needs assessments conducted by the facilitators to the stakeholders
- Identify resources/content that can be incorporated in the classroom
- Support teachers/facilitators with conducting the assessments, data consolidation, analysing and reporting
- Monitor resources/assets along with the teachers/facilitators periodically
- Ensure ongoing support for teachers/facilitators
- Identify needs, conceptualise, and facilitate the training required for holistic development of teachers/facilitators
- Design systems for regular on-going monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the impact of the programme to all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain a good rapport with the teachers, and school management to ensure effective implementation of the programme
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:
- Experience of managing people
- Teachingand/or content creation experience is desirable
- Any Graduate or post-graduate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good understanding of the pedagogical aspects involved in teaching children. Good people engagement, networking and listening skills
- Clarity on the different curriculums being used in India
- Ability to drive outcome-oriented plans through the team’s collective effort
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Tamil.
- Good computer knowledge and MS Office skills.
- Emotional maturity to empathize with the perspectives/needs of team members
- Highly resourceful team-player, who is also self-driven.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Scope: Full time
- Remuneration: Negotiable, based on the candidate
- Designation: Lead-Manager, based on the candidate
- Expected Joining Date: Immediate
- Location: Chennai
- Minimum commitment: Two years
If you qualify and are interested to take up the role, send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org