27 Oct Careers: Manager – Community education centres, Hubballi – Dharwad
Job Description: Manager – Community education centres
Location: Hubballi – Dharwad
Job nature: Permanent full-time
The Programme Manager is responsible for building the new team in Hubbali – Dharwad and provide the support in coaching, managing and developing the team of tutors to ensure efficient and smooth functioning of all community centres. He/she will have to work closely with the partner organizations and other internal support teams. He/she will also engage with the core team in long term planning and structural improvements. He/she must be comfortable with travel to and stay in Chennai for initial training, for regular reviews and meetings later.
Click here to read more about Bhumi’s Ignite Community programme.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Set up of centres and recruitment of local tutors from the community.
- Identify and set up structures, systems and metrics to support the execution of the programme in the best way possible.
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness of the project and engage the stakeholders proactively
- Constantly identify needs, collect feedback and improve trainings
- Track, follow up and report on the timely implementation of the goals for the project.
- Ensure seamless coordination among the teams for effective functioning of the centres
- Groom and manage the team towards effective delivery of the programme.
- Build a strong culture of ownership towards impactful project delivery tutors, parents and children.
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:
- Minimum two years experience in managing a team
- Minimum one year teaching experience and/or having worked in or with a community directly preferred
- Any Graduate or post-graduate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and also drive a new team to work together
- Ability to drive outcome oriented plans through the team’s collective effort
- Good influencing skills , people engagement, networking and listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Kannada.
- Good computer knowledge and MS Office skills.
- Emotional maturity to empathize with the perspectives/needs of team members
- Highly resourceful team-player, who is also self-driven.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Remuneration: Negotiable, based on the candidate
- Designation: Lead-Manager, based on the candidate
- Expected Joining Date: 15 November 2017
- Location: Hubballi – Dharwad
- Minimum commitment: Two years
If you qualify and are interested to take up the role, send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org