21 Mar Careers: Communications Executive
Job Description: Communications Executive
Job nature: Permanent Full-time
We are transforming India through volunteering and we want to make volunteering a national habit. We are looking for someone passionate about promoting a strong culture of volunteerism and civic responsibility among citizens. The person will be responsible for conceptualizing, producing communication plans and effectively advocating Bhumi’s initiatives and programmes through multiple channels.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conceptualizing and leading the marketing, advertising, PR and media strategy and initiatives for all platforms and to implement communications strategies for all audiences
- Monitoring and managing presence on social sites including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube to leverage engagement opportunities with prospective volunteers, fellows and donors.
- Collaborating with design and video team to build creative assets for social media use.
- Leading relevant internal stakeholder communications, including with network partners. collaborate with internal teams including volunteers to harness content ideas and create brainstorming and ideation spaces.
- Overseeing the content management, development and analytics of the organisation’s website
- Overseeing the development, production and distribution of all newsletters and core publications, such as the periodic report (Monthly, quarterly, annual reports)
Education Qualification / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the relevant field – Public Relations/ Journalism/ Literature/ Communications/ Marketing / Advertising
- Work experience –Freshers with exceptional aptitude for the profile are welcome
- Prior work experience in non-profit sector would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills in English. High degree of skill in grammar, spelling and punctuation are essential.
- Tactical understanding on Social Media Platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Prior experience preferred in Adobe suite—Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; WordPress, hootsuite etc. would be an advantage
- Basic photography and videography skills would be an advantage
- Basic editing skills for photographs and videos would be an advantage
- Good understanding on media needs and relationships
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Resourceful, responsible and self-starting
- Reporting to Co-founder
- Expected Age: Below 35
- Scope: Full time
- Remuneration: Negotiable based on candidate
- Expected Joining Date: Immediate
We are looking for someone who is committed to Bhumi for at least two years. If you qualify and are interested to take up the role, fill up the form below.