16 Dec Careers: Lead, Content and Training (IGNITE – Shelter Homes)
Job Description: Lead, Content and Training (English) (IGNITE – Shelter Homes)
Job Nature: Permanent Full-time
IGNITE is Bhumi’s supplementary education program where we strive towards bridging the edu-gap through multiple models. Right from volunteers who teach kids over the weekend to part time tutors who teach kids over the weekdays, multiple highly motivated hands are at work.
The content forms the core for all our volunteers and tutors, enabling them to take education to our kids in the most effective manner possible. As the CTL (Content and Training Lead), you would be responsible for ensuring the quality and relevance of the content and training channels for our model.
You will work closely with volunteer teams, associates and program managers who would be managing the operational aspects of the project.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Constantly identify needs, collect feedback and improve existing content / create new content for English
- Identify needs, strategize, design the training plan for volunteers and implement the same with the support of associates
- Ensure ongoing content support for volunteers &associates
- Develop and groom the training abilities of the volunteers
- Teaching experience in a classroom or volunteer model
- Experience in content creation is preferable
- Experience of having worked in or with a community / volunteer based organization
- Any Graduate or post-graduate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of the pedagogical aspects involved in teaching children. Good people engagement, networking and listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Tamil.
- Good computer knowledge and MS Office skills.
- Emotional maturity to empathize with the perspectives/needs of team members
- Highly resourceful team-player, who is also self-driven.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Scope: Full time
- Remuneration: Negotiable
- Expected Joining Date: Immediate
- Location: Chennai
- Minimum commitment: Two years