29 Oct Careers: Project Manager – Events
This opening is now closed
Project Manager – Events | Chennai
Job nature: Permanent Full-time
Will champion operational activities of Bhumi events; build relationships with vendors and authorities; Will work collaboratively with other members of the respective event team, including employees, volunteers, and partners, to accomplish overall organisational objectives and priorities.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being the first point of contact for all logistics on Projects/Events, like Venue permission and scheduling activities and vendor management.
- Coordinate with all vendors for the operational side of the events.
- Provide Input and support on the development of project plans, coordination of key events within the plan and the administration of key milestones and meetings
- Ensuring that actions and risks are reported and communicated with the internal project team in a timely manner
- Work directly with local authorities to ensure smooth execution of event (ex. permitting, law enforcement and Traffic, parking plan, etc.)
- Manage event registration including payment and tracking
- Determine food and beverage needs, audio visual needs and any other on-site logistics for events
- Planning, Coordination, procurement, production and delivery of events within budget.
- Communicate and maintain timelines and priorities events
- Manage part of promotions and related activities, both online and offline
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to volunteers
- Develop strong partnerships with vendors to build consensus and align goals and activities
- Seamless execution of events within budget and on time
- Building long term and strategic vendor partnerships
- Building remote and on ground execution teams.
Education Qualification / Experience:
- Any Graduate / Post graduate, MBA would be given preference
- More than 5 years of relevant work experience (Event management, business development, marketing, sales, etc.)
- Prior work experience in the non-profit sector would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Reasonable understanding of the non-profit sector, marketing, and event management
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills, combined with the ability to work under pressure in a changing environment
- Good negotiation, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Very strong networking and interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including corporate sponsors, partner organisations, staff and volunteers
- Expert level is written and verbal communication skills in English. Verbal communication in Hindi would be an advantage.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Sensitivity and empathy with the vision, mission, values and programmes of Bhumi
- Comfortable with extensive travelling
- Reporting to: Co-founder
- Designation: Lead to Manager
- Scope: Full time
- Remuneration: Up to Rs.5 lakhs p.a. including performance incentives based on the candidate’s profile
- Expected Joining Date: Immediate
This opening is now closed