Job Title : Director – Operations
Location : Chennai
Job nature : Permanent Full-time
The Director – Operations will lead all core support functions of the organisation enabling programme teams to achieve our mission. She/he will oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operations and delivery of HR, operations, and other administrative functions of the organization. The Director – Operations will have overall strategic and operational responsibilities towards driving the vision and mission of the organisation.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Managing HR teams for both full-time employees and volunteers across India across all HR functions like recruitment, retention, learning & development.
- Growing a diverse, highly qualified team of staff and volunteers by providing coaching, growth, and personal development. Help establish Bhumi as a great place to work and/or volunteer
- Planning, and directing the organisation’s operations and other general administrative functions across all chapters nationally
- Coordinating annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates for the senior management.
- Building a strong culture of ownership towards impactful programme delivery among volunteers and employees
- Building structures, systems to support the execution of the programmes in the best possible manner with a focus on continuous learning, improvement, and rapid growth.
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience
- Any graduate: Having an MBA/relevant fellowship would be an advantage
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set, and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to drive outcome-oriented plans through the team’s collective effort
- Strong alignment to the values of the organisation
- Strong influencing skills, people engagement, networking and listening skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Emotional maturity to empathize with the perspectives/needs of team members
- Strong IT skills and aptitude for adoption of digital technology
- Highly resourceful team-player, who is self-driven
- Reporting to: Executive Director
- Expected Age: Below 35
- Scope: Full time
- Remuneration: Rs.9-12 lakhs per annum, negotiable based on candidate’s profile
- Minimum commitment: Three years
- Expected Joining Date: January-March 2021
If you qualify and are interested to take up the role, please fill the form below