31 Oct Internship Opportunities – Science & Operations
Intern – Little Einsteins Science Programme
We require enthusiastic people as interns, who have interest in basic science (class 6 to 8) and are willing to devote a few hours daily in order to help us in creating a curriculum that will have a lasting impact on the child’s education.
Please select two areas of preference
Locations: Online/On Site
Areas of Internship:
- Translating Content – from English to Tamil OR English to Hindi. Work is mostly from home with daily updates over phone/email, but is required to come to the office once a week.
- Curriculum Development – Making books more student/volunteer friendly. Will be supported by the Science curriculum team. Work is mostly from home with daily updates over phone/email, but is required to come to the office twice a week
- Experiments – Supplement existing content in textbook with photos by performing and manually capturing every stage of the scientific experiments.
- Resource Management – Setting up a resource kit with required materials for the children that goes with the curriculum. This will include procurement and assembly of resources. Transportation costs will be reimbursed
If you have any queries, contact [email protected]
Bhumi’s office is located at: 13/4, Cenotaph Road, First Lane, Teynampet, Chennai – 600018 (Near Hotel Park Sheraton)
Intern – Operations
As an intern, you will be working with our Operations Manager in some of the Bhumi programmes including but not limited to ‘Joy to the World’, Refresh, Corporate visits and partnership with other NGOs, volunteer recruitment and day to day operations. You will work in all the below mentioned areas. It will be great if you have a two wheeler
Location – Chennai, on site
Areas of Internship:
- Joy to the World – Bhumi’s initiative to fulfil wishes of children in orphanages. Work with us to involve more orphanages and corporates. Follow up with orphanages and corporates in wish card collection, gift collection and distribution
- Day-to-Day Operations – Assisting in day to day operations of the organization. (Visiting organizations/corporates/making presentations to companies) May involve a bit of travelling. Travelling cost will be reimbursed
- Refresh – Refresh is Bhumi’s short term volunteering opportunities. This project is in its incubation stage. Fields of work : Environment/Healthcare/Education/Events/Fundraising
The intern will work closely with the Operations Manager to develop the project by meeting with partner NGOs to study their model, presenting to corporates and colleges to recruit volunteers, and developing the project as a whole
If you have any queries contact, contact [email protected]