23 Sep Give India’s India Smile Challenge, 2015 – Colleges
Daan Utsav (earlier called the Joy of Giving Week) is India’s ‘festival of giving’. Launched in 2009, the festival is celebrated every year, in the week including Gandhi Jayanti, i.e., October 2-8, and brings together Indians from all walks of life, to celebrate ‘giving’.
GiveIndia, this Daan Utsav brings to you the ‘India Smile Challenge’, to promote giving culture in India and contributions to NGOs. Over one crore in matching funds is available during this period for donations through the Challenge.
There are separate challenges and benefits for participating as Individuals, colleges and corporates. Click on the respective links for more details on how you/your organisation can contribute as a donor or fundraiser.
THE COLLEGE CHALLENGE
Participate to stand up for a cause you believe in, partner with a GiveIndia listed NGO or an NGO of your choice (Provided we can list them for the challenge) and raise funds for them.
Win the prestigious title of ‘Most Socially Responsible College’
Over INR 25 Lakhs in matching grants to be won by NGOs.
Colleges participating across the country would be ranked based on total funds raised and number of donors. Matching grants will be given as per the table below.
For NGOs who are actively partnering with colleges, the college or NGO must create a separate iGive page for each college (Under the event India Smile Challenge – Colleges).
|Top 5 Colleges||100% of funds raised with a maximum of 200000 whichever is lower. Minimum of 100 donors per college|
|Next 20 Colleges||100% of funds raised with a maximum of 100000 whichever is lower. Minimum of 100 donors per college|
Why support BHUMI ?
Bhumi runs a supplementary education programme through trained volunteers to educate underprivileged children in subjects like English, Mathematics, Science and Computers. Our volunteers are trained in pedagogy, classroom management and content before stepping into the classroom.
By 2016, we aim to reach 10000 children through our programmes. We incur a cost of Rs.1,000/- per child for one academic year. Your contribution will help us in providing better education for these children next year.
How can your college participate and support BHUMI?
Email us at [email protected] and we will help you get started right away!
If your colleges is located in Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Chandigarh
1) Choose BHUMI as an NGO that you would like to support. (We are already listed with Give India)
2) Fill a registration form to confirm participation.
3) Create an iGive page under India Smile Challenge – Colleges.
4) You will need to promote this page so that students can raise funds on it.
5) Give India will also set up booths in your college for collection of cash donations. If your college agrees to participate you will have to sign a letter which will allow Give India to set up the booth for 2 consecutive days in your college.
6) Fix 2 days from 2nd Oct to 30th Oct for Give India to set up a desk on your campus.
7) Initiate a “Champion Team” in your college who will create awareness about the causes Bhumi works for through skits, posters, banners etc a week prior to setting up the desk.
8) Receipts for cash donations will be issued on the spot.
9) Give India and Bhumi will assist you in providing banners, posters, standees etc for creating awareness about the cause.
For all other locations colleges can participate only through iGive page and raise funds online. Setting up booths will not be possible for Give India.
As Aesop said, “No act of kindness , no matter how small is ever wasted.”
Your contribution however small is still significant and it will help us reach our goal of educating 1,00,000 children from orphanages and shelter homes in India by 2020.