Copyright © Bhumi | Tech4Change
Careers: Consultant Civil Engineer, Ignite +
Job Description: Consultant Civil Engineer, Ignite +
Job Nature: Consultant Full-time
Through Ignite+ we improve schools and shelters into joyful, safe spaces for children. School infrastructure plays an important role in students’ learning. Gloomy classrooms & unhygienic washrooms lead to poor attention in class and attendance in school. Ignite+ School Improvement Program supports renovation of existing infrastructure and addition of new infrastructure. The consultant will be accountable for project planning, execution, tracking and monitoring progress until project closure for four identified schools in Rajasthan.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Surveying of the schools and prepare a checklist for the scope of the work (renovation and new construction works).
- Approach Govt authorities for necessary construction approvals.
- Preparing estimations and drawings for the scope of the work.
- Maintain complete documentation of the construction work, photographs of the site before, during, and after construction.
- Preparing standard schedule of rates and market rates for the project.
- Identifying quality contractors and inviting quotations, and finalizing the contractor and issuing work orders.
- Monitoring day-to-day site construction activities with site engineers as well as contractors.
- Maintaining and verifying M.books for day-to-day construction activities and final contractor bills.
- Responsible for ensuring quality materials must be used in the site and ensure the quality up to IS.
- Submission of final invoice with before and after works photos to the programme and finance teams.
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on-site whenever required.
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:
- Experience of 3-4 years in new construction and renovation work especially at schools.
- Experience at least 2 years in a survey of the buildings and prepare estimations for the renovation and new works.
- Experience at least 2 years of in contract management – Tendering and billing process.
- Experience in MS Office & AutoCAD is preferrable
Reporting to: Director, Catalyse
- Joining Date: Immediate
- Job Nature: Consultant – three months, extendable by a month until project completion
- Remuneration: INR 30,000 – INR 40,000 p.m. based on the candidate’s profile
- Location: Rajasthan
If you qualify and are interested to take up the role, fill up the form below