15 Apr Report on the Bhumi Corporate League 2016, Chennai
Bhumi is a youth volunteer non-profit organisation that works with underprivileged children in Chennai and 12 other cities in India.
The idea of Play for a Cause emerged early last year when our volunteers decided to put together a fundraiser – an event that would help us showcase our work to the corporate world while providing a platform for its employees to compete in a healthy environment. Bhumi went onto witness an overwhelming response from its supporters in two smaller leagues – Football and Throwball; and Table Tennis and Badminton.
This year, the second edition of the Bhumi Corporate League, was much bigger and better. Conducted on Sunday, April 3, 2016 at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, we had 740 participants from 75 corporates participating in 19 different events.
- No. of corporate companies: 75
- No. of participants – 740
- Top 3 participations from Astra Zeneca, Tata Consultancy Services and Zoho Corporation
- No. of events: 19
- Field Events: High Jump, Long Jump, Shot Put, Triple Jump
- Indoor Events: Badminton, Carrom, Chess, Table Tennis
- Outdoor Events: Basket ball, Football (5 a side), Kabaddi, Throw ball, Volley ball
- Track Events: 100m run, 200m run, 400m run, 800m run, 1500m run, 4x100M relay
- No. of volunteers: 120
- Sponsors: IM Gears Pvt. Ltd., and Astra Zeneca
- Total funds raised from registrations: Rs. 1,95,295
- Potential number of children to be benefited: 391
- Trophy of Excellence: Tata Consultancy Services
- Best Participating Corporates: Zoho Corporation, AZAAN Group,Astra Zeneca
- Photos from the event can be viewed on www.facebook.com/BhumiCL
Feedback from participants: